Fundy Coastal Route - St. Martins

Posted on August 4th, 2011

Our next stop was at St. Martins. This coastal town was once the 3rd largest center of shipbuilding on the east coast of North America. Some 500 ships were built between 1803 and 1919. The town is now a haven for artists and photographers. There are two covered bridges in town. Both can be seen in this photo.
It was time for lunch and we were craving seafood. We had been seeing signs claiming St. Martins had "world famous chowder" and "award winning chowder". It sold us, so we stopped at Seaside Restaurant. We had our chowder and a lobster roll on the patio. It was pretty cool on the patio, but once the chowder arrived we forgot about the weather. It was definitely award winning for us.


Posted in New Brunswick    Tagged with no tags


0 Comments


Leave a Comment
Search

Subscribe

follow on
Tags

no tags